Thursday, December 24, 2009

Mitt hand washed my black car and it left a million scratches. How do I fix this?

I used one of those car washing mitts to wash my black mustang, which JUST got a new paint job. I am so upset I'm about to cry. It looks horrible. Is there anything I can do to fix this or make it less noticeable? What if I were to put on another clear coat of paint, what would that do?Mitt hand washed my black car and it left a million scratches. How do I fix this?
The scratches were caused by the dirt on the vehicle. It was abrasive. Next time rinse the car first and wash out the mitt often to remove any grit you may have got on the mitt. Now for the paint I don't know how deep the scratches are and the vehicle may need to be repainted but there is things you can try. Rubbing compound may work but is quite abrasive in itself and can remove the paint so you should try polishing compound which is not as abrasive. Now with rubbing or polishing compounds I have found the cheap stuff is just that! Go to an auto parts supplier that sells painting supplies and get a high quality polishing compound. I would recommend 3m products that are meant to remove overspray after a paint job like Fill ' n Glase or Fitness it II. Theese are very high quality polishing compounds and are not very abrasive. Try polishing by hand even though it is a lot of work you have better control. If the damage is very bad you may want to try using a buffer with one of theese compounds and it will make a mess but may produce the desired results. I use theese for a lot of different purposes and almost always do it by hand and have great results most of the time! I use them to fix minor scratches, to remove overspray after painting, and to remove dead paint when a vehicle is faded due to oxidization. The polishing compounds I mentioned are not cheap but produce the best results and are a heck of a lot cheaper than a paint job. Trust me this is something you need to try!Mitt hand washed my black car and it left a million scratches. How do I fix this?
Hello,Gorgeous Do not worry,all is not lost.your mitt picked up dirt particles from the dirty water and you(sorry)scratched the paint on your car.This happens all the time,but is more noticable on a black vehicle,I know,I have a black truck.I used a product called Meguiar's swirl remover.You can use a buffer or your hands to apply.Follow derections on bottle.It might take more than one application,but its alot cheaper than a paint job.Also,stop using the Mitt,use a terry cloth and rinse the rag(cloth)before dipping in soapy water.Worked for Me,good luck.
well.


first.


we.need.to.work.on.your.washing


technique





for.future.washing


rinse.car.before.washing.it


work.from.top.to.bottom


use.2.bucket.method


and.get.some.grit.guards





now.onto.fixing.your.problem


rubbing.compounds.are.to.abrasive


and.will.make.it.look.worse





how.recently.did.you.get.it.painted?


need.to.know.that.before.i.can.help.yo鈥?br>




also.a.pic.would.also.help
Rubbing compound.....





bl
uh... the only thing i can come up with is get another paint job, sorry...

No comments:

Post a Comment