Thursday, December 24, 2009

HELP! I hand washed my car using a dishwash sponge and now there's a white spot?

I know I wasn't supposed to use a dish wash sponge...but is there anything I can buy to get rid of the white spot? Is there anything I can use from Pepboys or autozone? I have a black car. Thank you!!HELP! I hand washed my car using a dishwash sponge and now there's a white spot?
Ah, so this is the real problem (at least three posts about it?).





At least the surface is clean so it will hold the paint better. Get the touch up paint from the auto parts store. It might turn out to be a chronic problem if the touch-up paint wears faster than the original paint, but it at least pushes a professional paint job further down the road.





As a kid, I once decided to scrub our tourquoise Corvair with brillo pads to surprise my parents when they came home from a weekend trip. I realized a problem when I'd 'cleaned' around a third of the car, but what could I do then except go ahead and finish the job. It didn't take all the paint off, but it was definitely a lighter, flatter finish. They were pretty puzzled, making comments like, ';I've never seen the car that clean before.';HELP! I hand washed my car using a dishwash sponge and now there's a white spot?
yes try color restore its a wax polish!


GL TC :-)
sounds like mineral deposits from the water. A little light rubbing compund will take it right off, then some good wax. next time, use a shammy or good soft absorbant towel to keep those water spots away.
Dish washing soap usually strips the wax off a car not bad for the car, but not good if thats the only thing you use. I use it before clay baring and then waxing. Wash the car again with regular car washing soap. Try to buy some type of car polishing product and also wax. Wax stripper, or pre wax items fade the car's clear coat, polishing agents bring out the shine and then wax to help complete it.
by black paint

1 comment:


  1. Nice Blog! Are you searching for hand car wash in officer? Our services include car detailing, car paint protection, hand car wash, etc. Our team uses modern technology and machines for top quality hand car wash. Get the top quality hand car wash services at a reasonable price. To know more about our service, then visit our website now.

    ReplyDelete