Thursday, December 24, 2009

Are automated car washes more likely to harm my cars exterior;then by washing my car by hand???

I have a 2001 Toyota Camry....ThanksAre automated car washes more likely to harm my cars exterior;then by washing my car by hand???
Any time you have automated equipment doing something like this, there is a chance for damage. Most places maintain and upgrade their equipment regularly though, so this is somewhat unlikely. The higher end, slightly more expensive car washes (where they actually have people who dry your car by hand, etc.)normally have the best equipment and do the best job.. but personally, I like the ';no touch'; automatics that don't use brushes, just high pressure water...then I dry the car myself by hand. Every once in a while I will wash AND wax the car myself by hand. Remember, no one will take better care of your car than you will. Just be sure to always use clean pads/ towels when you are doing it yourself, don't forget the interior and the tires, and make sure the car is totally clean before waxing or polishing; otherwise, you're grinding dirt into the finish.





Hope this info helps.Are automated car washes more likely to harm my cars exterior;then by washing my car by hand???
There are brushless carwashes and those are considered totally safe for most cars. The brushes are what cause the scratching, without a brush, your finish should be fine.
the paint on your car is already six years old and so the clear-coat has had a lot of sun baked dirt and etc.-----just get a bucket of cold water and some blue dawn and soap and clean that car by your own hands---you will be proud of your wash-job when done and you have avoided high cost wash... if you can keep it out of the sun then well and good ----that's what I think........
A lot of automatic car washes can cause small scratches over time.





You're better off washing it by hand yourself. That way, you'll also be able to examine your car in detail, and spot any dents or rust spot, and get them fixed immediately.
You would trust your car to and auto car wash? I have never used an Auto Car wash. It's either by hand or with the spray washers. Even then I only use the spray washers in the winter time. Hand washing allows you the time to look at the paint and wash in spots that you normally would not get with the auto wash.
I think so but depends on how you wash your car by hand. I always wash mine my hand.
Hand Car wash goes a little more delicate on the car. However, for an 01 Camry, I would just wash it at home, if I was that concerned about the body.


Hand Car Wash can cost $40 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment