Thursday, December 24, 2009

How much money would YOU pay to have your car hand-washed?

I'm thinking of doing Car-Washing for a charity and to earn a profit but me and my group arn't sure how much to charge per car. I think about 拢2.00, but my other friends think either 拢3.00 or 拢5.00. What do you think?How much money would YOU pay to have your car hand-washed?
If its for charity you could defiantely get away with 10 US dollars.How much money would YOU pay to have your car hand-washed?
Sorry but I don't think this should have been voted as best answer because 1. IAM NOT AMERICAN AND U SHOULD HAVE KINDA GUESSED THAT BECAUSE OF THE WAY I WROTE THE MONEY





2. 10 US DOLLARS IS LIKE 拢5.00 AND THAT IS WAY TOO MUCH HERE, U PROBOBLY DON'T KNOW THE KIND OF PLACE WE ARE DOING CAR WASHING. Report Abuse

拢2 is not enough! A wash is a wash no matter who is doing it. A lot of supermarkets now have guys from what i presume is a franchise (as they all have the same sort of wheeled cart with water tank etc on it) washing cars in their car park while you shop. They say 'from' 拢5 but if you present them with a family size estate with a mucky back end the fiver becomes nearer a tenner.





How much would I pay? Actually i would not, i quite enjoy giving my cars their once every 4 months wash! (had a white Toyota Camry a few years back and one day my wife pointed out that the last time i had washed my now grey Camry was for my mate Clive's wedding. He had been married for nearly 6 months at the time!) That is what rain is for, to wash peoples cars while they drive. lol





The thing is with hand car washing, to make a good job you need a lot of water.





I certainly would not do a fixed price - lot more work washing some yokels mud encrusted Range Rover [well, i do live in the country] than a nice retired ladies' never been out in the rain Micra.
Offer the service at different levels 拢2.50 for a small car, 拢3.50 for large or estate cars and 拢4.50 for a people carrier or jeep.





Never charge whole pounds (eg 拢3, 拢4, 拢5) or you wont make any money in tips, If its 拢4.50 people will give you the fiver and let you keep the change!
拢2 is to cheap,拢3 is ok but for 拢5 people can get a full car wash and polish in a garage but as it,s for charity people will probably pay you 拢5
I would charge 拢3.50. That way, it's a bit in between. 拢2.00 is slightly on the cheap side, and if you put a sign up saying it's for charity, you should get more customers.





Hope I helped!
i normally pay 拢5.00 for the outside..





if you could get a hover etc.. you could easally charge 拢10.00 for inside and out..





good luck! xx
5 dollars. You can get started whenever you are ready.
$15.00 or five pounds. What does an automatic car wash charge for (exterior only)?





Charge the same. It is for charity after all.. Good luck.
i live in canada and they're usually between $5.00 - $10.00


if its for a good charity ill usually spend $10.00 but if its just for a hockey team or sumthin like that id only spend $5.00
in the US I pay 20$ per wash on my car, which is interior and exterior, wheels and the works.
Depends on your neighborhood, but if it's for charity, I'd pay 5 bucks.
you could probably get away with 3 or maybe even 5. but 2 sounds too low though.
if your not pro i think 5 pounds is reasonable because you would have to pay for water and equipment
3-5
Depends on the area you live in. I charge 拢8.
go for turnover and charge 3.50
by a teen 拢3.50





adult- wtf should have a proper job
one near me if a fiver, seems reaosnable?

No comments:

Post a Comment